Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Every day we make the world a bit more sustainable and innovative. To give direction to our Corporate Social Responsibility working method, we have focused on seven Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) drawn up by the United Nations.
An important reason for choosing these seven SDGs is that they fit well with why we were founded, with the markets where we want to be active as an impact investor. We give further substance to this with our investment decisions and the way in which we work ourselves.
In our CSR policy, we refer to recognized international guidelines such as the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights (UNGPs), and the IFC Environmental & Social Performance Standards.
Examples of real contributions:
- Industrial CO2 reduction with SoundEnergy, conversion of waste heat into cool air
- Contribute to the tremendous growing power consumption in data centers with the use of photonics chips of Skorpios Technologies
- Reduce the use of fossil fuels by using hydrogen, which is on-site generated by BayoTech
- Improving safety for labor workers with the use of the most professional exoskeleton of Sarcos Robotics
- Reduce poaching in wildlife parks in Africa with the use of unobtrusive bird drones from The Drone Bird Company
- Detect early diseases by proprietary long-read DNA sequencing technology (Armonica Technologies)
We are impact investors by investing in disruptive technology companies and roll them out on a global scale.
Cottonwood Technology Fund focuses on impact investments through investing in Key Enabling Technologies. Besides financial returns we provide measurable, beneficial social and environmental impact. Underneath a map of the current portfolio companies of Cottonwood Technology Fund. Together with innovative entrepreneurs from our portfolio companies and other capital providers, we build a beautiful and sustainable future for our children. Together we try to change the world in a positive direction. That is the impact we want to make at Cottonwood. For us, financial returns are the means by which we can continue to make also an impact in the future.