Cottonwood Technology Fund is an early-stage venture capital fund (investments in high-tech in pre-seed / seed stage). To expand our team we are looking for a highly talented Venture Capital professional / (Junior) Partner role (with potential for further growth).
Location: New Mexico – Santa Fe / Albuquerque (or willing to move to New Mexico within a certain period).
- Deal sourcing: pro active building / maintaining a network with relevant Technology Transfer Offices from technical universities and research institutes in the Southwest USA (Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado and Utah).
- Screening and scouting technologies, make notes in our CRM deal flow database.
- Due diligence of new potential investments, with main focus on patents, technology and markets.
- Writing investment memos, valuation analysis, market analysis and competition analysis.
- Active involvement in supporting portfolio companies: opening doors at corporates, help raising next funding rounds, strategy alignment, pro-active and hands-on support.
- Board Observer of portfolio companies (with the potential to grow to Board Member).
- Building and maintaining a network with corporate venturing teams.
- Building relationships with (potential) Limited Partners.
- Willing to travel within the Southwest USA / Silicon Valley (and in the future probably a few times per year to Europe).
Current experience / qualifications
- Entrepreneurial mindset / entrepreneurs experience.
- Graduated from a top tier technical university (hard science background) preferably with a MBA-degree or similar.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a VC-firm, technology consulting, tech startup CEO, or…
- Combination of intellectual, social, communication and entrepreneurial skills.
- 24/7 mentality, outstanding analytical skills, attention to detail and pro-active.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success.
What we offer
- Work together with VC-veterans in a top-performing VC firm
- International working environment
- Salary and performance-based bonuses